TRIP SPECIALIST >
WHAT An awesome opportunity to work in international adventure travel with a young, fun, and quickly growing trip operator and travel consultancy specializing in South America. A Trip Specialist works closely with travelers to build incredible custom trips in South America.
WHO Knowmad Adventures is looking for an extremely hard-working, motivated, talented, inspired, adventurous, fun, dynamic individual. You will be joining a small team and working hands-on with company owners as well as a network of talented individuals throughout South America as we continue to grow.
WHEN We are currently looking to hire a new Trip Specialist. Continuously accepting applications.
WHERE Minneapolis, Minnesota office or possibility of working remote with a minimum of a 1 month training period in Minneapolis.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive travel experience in Chile and/or Argentina and a passion for Latin America and travel in general
- Past professional travel planning experience is a plus but not necessarily required
- Excellent verbal and phone communication skills, to interact with a variety of clients and demanding expectations for a high level of personalized service
- Excellent writing skills in order to quickly and effectively communicate with clients via email, finalize client documents as well as contribute to Knowmad’s Travel Journal, itinerary creation and other projects.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel as well as excellent general computer skills.
- Experience in multi-project management
- Ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of responsibilities
- Ability to work with little supervision and use sound judgment
- Ability to provide strong references that will confirm previous successes dealing with challenging, detail-oriented work
- Conversational Spanish a plus but not required
- Follow up with potential leads by phone and email to guide clients through our custom trip planning process.
- Educate potential clients on the destination, excursions and accommodation options while making suggestions for their trip based on what you’ve learned of their travel style and wish list. Determine whether someone is a good fit for Knowmad Adventures, and the style of trips that we create.
- Create a custom itinerary, prepare the trip outline in an excel document, work together with suppliers on the logistics of the itinerary, pay close attention to details at all times, and use efficient and effective follow-up throughout the sales cycle.
- Answer all client pre-departure questions and continue to be a resource to them until the time they return from their trip
- Prepare final trip documents, paying close attention again to all details of the trip
- Communicate with suppliers and partner network.
- Assist when issues arise while a traveler is on the ground
- Whatever other tasks need to be accomplished. Ideal candidates will have unique abilities that will be harnessed in growth initiatives and special projects. Projects are a part of all Trip Specialist positions.
COMPENSATION AND JOB DETAILS
- Salary depends on experience. After gaining experience and ability to perform role of Trip Specialist effectively, there is room for significant compensation growth and performance-based incentives.
- Approximately 40-45 hour work weeks. During busy season hours can exceed 45.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- After 12 months of employment, 2 weeks of paid, work-related travel annually to South America.
WHY THIS IS A COOL OPPORTUNITY
Knowmad’s U.S.-based Travel Planning office and operation, although consistently increasing sales, is still small. This position for a Trip Specialist will train hand-in-hand with company owners, quickly transitioning into handling trip requests and building and operating South American adventure trips for travelers. We are also looking to quickly get team members involved with overall company strategy and growth initiatives to help our continued consistent growth.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email titled ‘Trip Specialist Position’ to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following items attached: resume, cover letter, and list of references. Additionally, we encourage applicants to also include a one-page creative letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the position and demonstrating your writing abilities.
OPERATIONS SUPPORT >
WHAT An awesome opportunity to work in international adventure travel with a young, fun, and quickly growing trip operator and travel consultancy specializing in South America. The Operations Support role assists Trip Specialists in the initial trip planning phase, the logistical operations of the trips post confirmation, as well as assists the Marketing and Accounting departments. This is an office position located in Minneapolis, MN requiring a minimum 40 hours per week.
WHOKnowmad Adventures is looking for an extremely detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated individual. You will be joining a small team working hands-on with all members of the Minneapolis-based team, including the company owners, as well as a network of talented individuals throughout South America. This role is best suited for someone looking to gain experience and learn about all aspects of a quickly growing company, from Sales and Operations to Marketing and Accounting.
WHEN This position has been filled.
WHERE Position is located at our South Minneapolis office, only blocks from lakes and parks ideal for lunch-time cross country skiing in the winter or paddle boarding in the summer!
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Excellent writing skills for drafting and finalizing client documents as well as contributing to other writing-intensive projects.
- Ability to work with little guidance and learn new skills independently.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple computers, Word, Excel, iCal, Outlook, and CSV files. Must be a very proficient word processor. Further knowledge of WordPress, InDesign, PDF bundling software, and credit card processing portals is a plus.
- Customer service experience. The travel industry requires excellent customer services skills, including patience, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and efficient and effective follow up.
- Ability to provide strong references that will confirm previous successes dealing with challenging and detail-oriented roles.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (must provide transcript – unofficial is fine).
- Conversational Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Travel experience in South America and a passion for Latin America and travel preferred.
- Processing traveler registration forms.
- Assisting Trip Specialists with preparation of custom trip proposal documents.
- Assisting Operations with managing trip logistics.
- Scheduling and executing traveler management calendar items.
- Processing traveler payments.
- Database management.
- Mailing trip documents to travelers.
- Assembly of marketing materials.
- Blog post writing.
- Web page formatting (WordPress).
- Assisting marketing with formatting of pre-departure materials (InDesign).
- General administrative needs (minimal errands).
COMPENSATION + JOB DETAILS
- Starting salary $30,000
- Schedule & hours: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. You can choose your schedule to a certain extent, ie. from 8 – 5 (8 hours in the office, with lunch and breaks) or 7 – 4 or 9 – 6, etc. but they have to generally overlap with Knowmad’s core office hours of 9 – 5.
- After 3 months of employment, 50% health care premium monthly reimbursement begins and 3 weeks of yearly PTO.
- After 18 months of employment, 2 weeks of paid, work-related travel annually to South America.
WHY THIS IS A COOL OPPORTUNITY
It’s a chance to work with a fun, young, close-knit team. To join a small, but quickly growing company and embark on a career in travel and adventure. In the Operations Support role you’ll learn about each department within Knowmad Adventures from the ground up. This position has the potential for growth in the Operations department as well as possibly to a Trip Specialist.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email titled ‘Operations Support Position’ to email@example.com, with the following four items attached: resume, cover letter, list of references willing and able to be contacted, and college transcripts (unofficial is fine). Additionally, we encourage applicants to also include a one-page creative letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the position.